Bogged out on highwayand will not re-start

Anger_mgmt

Registered
alright guys heres the deal, i was driving down the interstate today doing about 65-70 and all of a sudden it started burping and bulging down like crazy and if u gave it gas it bogged even worse till the point it shut off (total distance 1/8 of a mile. I pulled over and will not restart. The starter turns over as well as the engine but no intentios of firing. When you turn the key on in neautral the guages cycle as well as the fuel pump does as well. there is almost a half tank of gas. Pretty sure this is normal that when the motor is not running the oil light comes on (sight glass shows correct amount of oil) and "check" on the screen. The FI light DID NOT come on or flash. I checked and two issues that i crossed out were clutch safety switch and side stand switch. The bike is a 2006 with 3,700 miles on it when i purchased the bike it had 2,600 miles on it and had extensive dealership work done as the bike had sit for 2.5 years the dealer drained the tank applied chemicals and removed all corrosion from the tank( there was no rust due to tank being left completely full of gas) injection system was flushed, all fluids flushed ( brake front and rear, clutch, oil) and maybe a few other thing total bill was around $2,400 Since the work was done i have put almost 1,100 miles on it with no problems only mods to the bike are lowered, stretched 6.5in, and a set of shorty pies. Bike is flawless other then it not starting Any help would be appreciated Thanks Guys

When mine acted like that it was the battery. Check that and see, maybe borrow a buddy's and try to fire it up, or take it out and test it.

Next guess would be some odd fuel related thing, but most issues shoot you an FI light. Check the battery first. I was surprised how much the battery controls on these newer bikes. The battery sends power and controls the injectors, (of course the ECU does it's part) so if you have a sub-par battery, it could be messing up the injectors' performance.

Battery is 4 months old and kept on battery tender, but thanks i will take a look and cross that off my list is all checks out

Make sure the tip over switch bracket did not break or come loose.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Are you still on side of hgwy?
If so I hope you get her fixed soon.

If it's turning over, fuel pump primes and gauges sweep but no start then I would think it's a spark issue?

In the words of SlingBlade... "Ain't got no gas in it..." MmmmHmmmm....

Good luck man. I want my trailer and service manual back before I leave for the Smokies. :D

Lemme know if you want another set of hands or eyes.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

If someone near and dear to ya has a Gen I with the same type ECU, you could try and swap it. After reading your post I was thinking fuel system. Sounds like you have all the interlocks set, really don't know what to tell you. Best of luck.

Ahhh dont worry about that Josh. Lol ill have youre trailer back tonight right before i start ripping into this thing
Posted via Mobile Device

Back