03 to 07 engine swap?

okay so my 2003 haya. of coarse like all other 2nd gear was bad so prolong use of it like that has seemed to snap this plate that holds the clutch plates in . So my buddy is wanting to sell me a motor from a 07 with low miles now he has it laying around his shop for a bit with no oil in it . So ive swaped this motor over put fluids back in it and hooked everthing back up . Now i try and crank over the bike and i get one crank and then nothing. any ideas what to do i dont wana pay him if its not gonna work for me. thanks Pit

Did you check all of your connections? 03-07 have the same electronics so it should be pretty smooth swap.

Tap on the starter. If that doesn't do it check the battery. If that's not it bang head repeatedly on wall :banghead: until you look like :stoopid: then, either someone else will come up with something better OR you get your money back (or not pay if you haven't already). The End

Make sure the ground cable is hooked up at the starter!

I take it you have turned the motor over by hand to make sure it is not locked up. If it is free and you can turn it over a couple of times by hand then I would make sure all battery/starter connections are clean. I have had it were just a thin film would make something not start or turn over but the lights will work.

Also did you prime oil into the system before trying to start that bad boy? If not you could end up with bigger problems..........how much for the bad motor?

So i checked every wire again an all is good. I then try to turn motor by hand and it get stuck after a half cycle . So now i need to just
Rebuild the old one. But what would cause this newer motor to scieze up like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cam timing may be off, but if you cranked the motor over already with the starter and its seizing you may have done some damage.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did the same swap and 02-04my used one startmotor and 05-07 used another they have a smaller pinion gear so ir older starter wont work it will just bind up. Hope this helps
Posted via Mobile Device

yea but the pinion gear doesn't engage till the you hit the starter button, he said he can't turn the motor over by hand, so its not the starter gear keeping the motor from turning

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well if it was sitting with no oil and if no one pulled the plugs and fogged the cylinders and re installed the plugs the piston walls may have rusted. Hence the reason the motor wont turn over.

Back