wheres my power at???

bikerboy2182

Registered
i had recently got an 06 busa with 8000 miles on it. i had a bad jerking problem which i ended up putting the bike completely back to stock. that cured my jerking but i can go full throttle in any gear any the tire wont even break loose. the clutch is not slipping as i can dump the clutch and it still barley breaks teh tire free. the acceleration is very slow is what my buddy told me that has 8 hayabusas. new plugs and checked everything we could think of. is there something i could be overlooking? stock everything. ive had it spending money on parts and getting nowhere. this my first busa but i know it should have tons of power

Welcome to the oRg. Does the bike have a power commander and tune? My 05 would rip your arm sockets out, the 09 is scary fast. You have a fuel or tune issue I suspect?

Welcome and sorry to hear that mine was almost scary when I got it someone around here will help
Posted via Mobile Device

with or without the PC it doenst help what tune we use. so i dont think its a tune issue. box stock it should have some power without the PC id think. i have been wondering fuel though

Did it sit for any length of time? How does the inside of the tank look? It sounds like it is starving.

tank seems clean. my buddys said the last owner took care of this bike but who knows. not too sure on the past of this bike

if that bike doesnt rip your arms off you have some serious issues. do you have any engine noise at all? does it idle smooth and clean through the rpms? it almost sounds like you have a serious clutch issue.

what would be the clutch issue? it dont slip no matter how i try. im open to anything. at any rpm the tach has a slight bounce. as of engine noise nothing seems to jump out at me anymore then my other bikes but im not saying its perfect. ill have to have my buddy that owns a shop listen to it but we all dont have a clue on why theres no power

oh and thanks guys for helpings so far. im burned out on this bike dealing with all the issues it had. getting closer just hoping its nothing major. it dont have alot of miles on it yet

ya ill be looking at fuel filter and take a compression and fuel pressure test asap. everything is stock so it should be something simple i hope

Take that puppy to a tuner. A dyno run will tell you exactly where and if there is a power problem.

Nothing worse than being discouraged with a bike. A few bucks spent on a tune will put a smile back on your face! :thumbsup:

Take that puppy to a tuner. A dyno run will tell you exactly where and if there is a power problem.

Nothing worse than being discouraged with a bike. A few bucks spent on a tune will put a smile back on your face! :thumbsup:

+1 THat would be the 1st thing I would do after checking all my filters and such.

You mentioned that you put the bike back to stock. I know with tuner cars, if you install aftermarket parts then get a custom tune, putting the car back to stock without a factory tune will cause the car to have less power, and not run to his best capabilities. You might want to find out if the ecu has its factory tune.

ya i might get the ecu reflashed to but with or without the power commander and any tune i do it just dont help with power. it only smooths things out. this thing is frustrating

ya i might get the ecu reflashed to but with or without the power commander and any tune i do it just dont help with power. it only smooths things out. this thing is frustrating

No need for frustration!

Take it to a tuner and get the problem (If there is one) diagnosed.

If you are sick you go to a doctor right? You don't go to your buddies and ask what pill they recommend to fix your ills, eh? :dunno:

ya ill be looking at fuel filter and take a compression and fuel pressure test asap. everything is stock so it should be something simple i hope

That's what I was thinking, maybe leak down. Might want to throw some seafoam in her for the fun of it.

I weigh close to 300 pounds and my Gen I bone stock was bad to the bone with 36K miles and no wrenching. Don't even ask me about this Gen II bc I haven't been there for fear.

That's what I was thinking, maybe leak down. Might want to throw some seafoam in her for the fun of it.

I weigh close to 300 pounds and my Gen I bone stock was bad to the bone with 36K miles and no wrenching. Don't even ask me about this Gen II bc I haven't been there for fear.

You and me both.

Back