Gen 1 idle issues

RTanner

Registered
I have problems with my big bore bike idling. at first it was only when it was cold but now seems to take longer and longer to go away. Normally it idles at about 1700 rpm but when acting up it stumbles down to 8-900 and dies out. When sitting at a light I have to keep bliping the throttle to keep it running. Throttle bodies seem tight, no obvious vaccum leaks, I even tried adjusting the tps. Need help!

What exhaust do you have. Mine is doing this as well when it is cold. But I have shorties on there, and the lack of back pressure is causing it.

Tanner, what year is the bike ? You start it with the fast idle ? You might check the linkage and make sure that it returns to normal when you return the Fast Idle switch to normal. Fuel filter, screens, pump.

You mentioned sidewinder. Use any race fuels ? some of them have to be cleared out after use or they'll gunk the works up.

Just running pump gas, and the fat idle has been removed. Where are the fuel filter/screens located? It runs fine under throttle......
Posted via Mobile Device

The pump has a screen. Any rust in the tank, that you know of ? Fast Idle removed eh

Cleaned the screen, tank is clean, I disconnected the pwr commander and it seemed to idle alright. Im thinking it just needs to be re tuned....
Posted via Mobile Device

Back