Throttle hesitation 3-5k rpm

issdar

Registered
I have an 06 hayabusa with ~10K miles on it throttle bodies recently synced and TPS sensor adjusted and I just installed a new Yoshimura r-22 full exhaust and had it dyno tuned by factory pro with power commander 5. I am getting hesitations/surges in areas between 3-5k RPM if I maintain constant throttle say at 3750RPM it feels like it loses then regains power and does it all the time gets very annoying. It does not have problems idling or reving from a stand still is fine. Do you think it was a bad tune he asked me if I removed the air flapper IE small airbox mod after the tune was done and I have removed it. I am trying to take it back and have him re-evaluate the lower RPM for 2% and 5% throttle because it appears only place I notice happens in city driving at lower speeds. Also now my gas mileage is terrible in the city like between 15-20 mpg is this right? Highway cruising is like 40mpg. Appreciate any help. If it is not the tune do you think it could possible be dirty/bad injector, failing fuel pump or regulator? Could anyone maybe evaluate the map? Smells as though its running a bit rich I am tempted of putting on my old exhaust system and running my map that was dynoed for that and see if problem persist I do not recall if it was or not.

-Tony

Last edited:
Tony,
Bring your bike back down and have the dude put it back on the Dyno. When did you have the Dyno completed? Where is factory pro and is he going to charge you for a re-map?

I just finished putting my old exhaust back on including the header what a pain in the *ss. The same problem does happen with my old exhaust and old custom map for that exhaust although it is much harder to notice. Factory pro is in San Rafael, I am beginning to think it is the small airbox mod bad idea I don't know why it is so touted on the forums. The suzuki engineers designed it for a reason! Might try to find an OEM airbox on ebay or something but then would have to get my map modified for the lower throttle UhhhhH dyno tuning is nothing but a pain in the *ss and tons of money. Feel like a dumb*ss I have the mod fever

Back