04 Busa hesitation

kj217

Registered
this forum is a bless,, i am as grateful as my busa gives me hard times,,

i was riding my 04,, it was perfect until i stopped for fuel,, after that,, the bike came to hesitate and jerk only @ constant speeds in all gears,, no idle issue,, no WOT issue,,

please,, help!

Off the top of my head, if it was running fine until you got gas, you could have gotten some bad gas.

bad gas won't affect idle and WOT?

Its possible, you only need a certain amount of fuel for idle and at WOT you are giving it all its got, only when you are a partial throttle you will see issues like you have. If it was me, just my opinion, drain the gas and put fresh higher octane in and see if that helps. You could use a fuel system cleaner, but something changed from the time you stopped and left the gas station. I would do the above before I started tearing into the bike. I hope some others may have better information.

this tank is almost empty,, and i also disconnected the quick shifter sensor which might also be the problem,,
I will take it for another ride,, fuel it up and see what happens,,
Posted via Mobile Device

this tank is almost empty,, and i also disconnected the quick shifter sensor which might also be the problem,,
I will take it for another ride,, fuel it up and see what happens,,
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you just add something yo the bike ? That's always suspect number one

Nothing just added but fuel,, few weeks ago,, i replaced spark plugs and cleaned injectors,,
Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing just added but fuel,, few weeks ago,, i replaced spark plugs and cleaned injectors,,
Posted via Mobile Device

How many miles on the bike ? All regular maintenance performed ? I imagine you have to change the air filter often given your location. Throttle bodies sync'd, valves checked / adjusted ?

15k miles on the bike,, all regular maintenance done,,
no idea on tbodies and valves,,
Posted via Mobile Device

Let us know on the fresh gas. I tend to agree with Robert, but it would also be a little hard to start if the TB's were in need of a sync.

its 4 tanks later and a bottle of fuel system cleaner,, it still kicks and jerks,,
i also disconnected the quick shifter sensor,,
my next suspect is PCIII,, what do you think?
the throttle wire might need an adjustment?

You know my bike is doing the same thing. It only does it in third gear at a constant speed. It almost feels like the bike slows down then speeds back up as if someone is tugging me by the back and then pushing me. I have yet to figure it out.

ssg_petty_210,

Mine does the same think only at low speeds ~30mph in 1-3 gear started feeling it after new full exhaust and dyno tune. I think it may be due to small airbox mod I did so I ordered a airbox all intact. See if it helps

update: i have disabled the shift kill feature and uploaded a ZERO map to PCIII,, took the bike for a ride and the problem didn't show up,, ???
i will try to upload another map tonight and see how it goes from there,,

bad news again,, the bike starts to hesitates again,, now i have more observations:

1- the bike starts to hesitate right after hard red line accelerations.
2- at neutral after a ride,, the rpm hangs at 2k,, i have to restart the bike or put it in 1st and slightly leave out the clutch for the rpm to return to normal,,

kj217,
Is the jerking and hesitating your describing like when you lay on the throttle it doesn't go or just cruising it feels like it loses and power and regains it at constant speed? Do you notice and of jerking or hesitation on the highway?

Back