04 rear brake problem

kj217

Registered
when i stretched my bike 6" i had to change the rear brake line with longer SS line,, since then,, rear brakes only work for a couple of days before bubbles ruin the system,, i bleeded the system twice now and same problem,,

is it the SS line of low quality or is the Brocks sidewinder exhaust heating the line and generates air bubbles?

How hot does your foot get :laugh: Forget the exhaust theory. I've heard of tying the brake pedal down over night, opening the reservoir over night, but you might need to get yourself a mitivac. Is everything tight on the install ?

How hot does your foot get :laugh: Forget the exhaust theory. I've heard of tying the brake pedal down over night, opening the reservoir over night, but you might need to get yourself a mitivac. Is everything tight on the install ?

well,, my foot doesn't get so hot :p
i really don't like this exhaust since i got it with the bike,, i really want to replace it with something allows me to lean further,,

back to the brakes,, everything seems to be installed tight and properly,, i will bleed it one more time and see what happens,,???

did you use new copper crush washers? If after you bleed the whole system again you end with the same problem then it may be a manufactureres defect in the connection between the line and the banjo fitting. You could always pull the line and pressure test it.

did you use new copper crush washers? If after you bleed the whole system again you end with the same problem then it may be a manufactureres defect in the connection between the line and the banjo fitting. You could always pull the line and pressure test it.

i have to ask the tech who installed the line about the washers,, but i assume they came with the new line,,

Are you bleeding both bleeder valves? There are two, one on the inside and one on the outside of the caliper. I know stupid question, but I am just taking a shot in the dark.

Are you bleeding both bleeder valves? There are two, one on the inside and one on the outside of the caliper. I know stupid question, but I am just taking a shot in the dark.

the service manual only mentioned the outside one,, where is the inside one exactly?

the service manual only mentioned the outside one,, where is the inside one exactly?

Same location, just towards the wheel. I know I am not losing my mind. We had issues when we did Demmym's stretch. Also make sure the banjo fittings are tight. We keep getting air in the line and it was because of a loose fitting, I was afraid we were going to strip it.

I had to go look, yes there are two. See figure A

brakes.jpg

Same location, just towards the wheel. I know I am not losing my mind. We had issues when we did Demmym's stretch. Also make sure the banjo fittings are tight. We keep getting air in the line and it was because of a loose fitting, I was afraid we were going to strip it.

i will check and tighten the fitting,, bleed both valves and see how it goes,,
thanks for the great tips,,

Back