Another clicking ticking noise! please help!

gardian1701

Registered
Out of the blue my bike has started clicking like a spokeydokey (remember those?) from the engine somewhere!

I can hear it in neutral but is louder and faster when accelerating. The clutch doesn't seem to affect it at all but the noise does almost dissapear when I let off the throttle completeley towards a rolling stop. I have had a recent oil change a month ago and just had new plugs fitted 2 weeks ago.

3 things I've read on the .org are injectors, valves or cam chain tensioner. How big of a job are these checks time wise? I'm paying £40 per hour to my dealer!

The bike is an 03 stock with 40,000ish miles. can anyone help?

Another month........Another problem!

Doesn't sound like valves since the noise goes away on decel. Your valves are always moving.. I'm guessing cam chain. But I don't know anything about injector noise, isn't that usually a very faint tick?
Good luck whatever happens! :beerchug:

You sure it's not just a noise that has always been there that you have noticed more recently? Mine goes through phases of being noisy, but i but it down to me not listening out for anything!

Lol! It definately wasnt there before. Its almost embarrasing. My four wheeled friends dont know theirs somthing wrong, but my biker friends are making jokes "one day it'll just click and you'll be sorted" or "you got the spokeydokey, wheres the stabilisers?"

Im always listening out for noises, thats how I knew my front brake wasnt right and my coolant boiling ect. All those sorted now thow.

Just an update.
Took it to the dealer, £250 later. It was one of the Pair valves that had blown. (the four tubes above the header pipes) All four were pretty rusty. Got some acf-50 to help everything last a bit longer next time.

Back