Help

Lycan6

Registered
Okay so i have a 2002 Busa with about 26K miles. I have a speedo healer and 24v starter kit. Electronically everything else is stock except for leds and hids. I took the bike to the shop to find out why the bike will start in neutral without holding the clutch. i have replaced the swith and they tested the switch. The shop could not find anything wrong. Is it possible that the 24v starting system could cause this or the speedo healer? Does anyone else have or had this issue and if so what was the casue. I would like to get this fixed becasue i do beleive this is causing a false rev on my dynos as the fuel is cutting out just past 10K rpm on two different dynos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking from memory that the rev limiter on a Gen I is just past 10K. The torque curve usually ends / peaks around 9.6 K, so not a biggie.

If the switch is good.......well it doesn't really matter, you're saying the bike cranks without pulling in the switch, and the dealer stated the switch was operating properly, that leaves the ECU.

The ECU has been flashed and the bike is tuned through it. Is it possible that the ECU is bad or could this be switched over through the ECU?

Thanks for your help too.

The ECU has been flashed and the bike is tuned through it. Is it possible that the ECU is bad or could this be switched over through the ECU?

Thanks for your help too.

It's possible that the tuner removed the interlock. I'm older than dirt and when I first started riding / driving clutches didn't have interlocks, what I'm saying is it's not the end of the world. Talk to your tuner. I'm not sure what all they can play with when editing.

Back