1999 busa not running

cookey

Registered
hi i have a 1999 busa problem started a week ago when she started running roughf ..
so after striping fuel pump and cleaning filter wich was realy dirty i have a new one orderd now after re asembly the bike will not start it is getting a bit of fule trought the injectors any thoughts guys

Is the new fuel pump installed or on order??

If your filter was dirty, more that likely the injectors are dirty as well. When was the last time the injectors were cleaned and calibrated?

Scott

hi scot i have orderd a new fuel filter as their was a lot of rust in it .
i cleaned it and reinstalled it the fuel pump is fine i dont think the injectors wer ever cleaned .
the bike was running verry roughf b4 i striped it but it will not even start now

hi scot i have orderd a new fuel filter as their was a lot of rust in it .
i cleaned it and reinstalled it the fuel pump is fine i dont think the injectors wer ever cleaned .
the bike was running verry roughf b4 i striped it but it will not even start now

Before you spend any money on cleaning or buying a new set of injectors I would see if you could borrow a set from a friend to test.

Also I would check all electric to the pump and make sure it is priming the injectors, you can here it run without starting the bike. Key on, kick stand up, and hit the on switch (not the starter button) and listen for the pump running.

have tryed that it seems to b priming all the injectors seem to b putting out fuel for one squert then not much ??

thanks for that both of them filters are cleaned .
problem must b injectors :banghead::banghead::banghead: is their any way i can clean them my self ??

thanks for that both of them filters are cleaned .
problem must b injectors :banghead::banghead::banghead: is their any way i can clean them my self ??

not very well. You can try spraying carb cleaner in the injector but the injector screens get clogged pretty easily

ok budy will try that tommrow it almost 1 am hear in ireland so it b bed time for me thanks for all your info will try that tommrow and let ya know

if your fuel system was that dirty, you may need to have the injectors cleaned

You might be able to check the fuel pressure on the rail and see if it's in spec.

wahoo she sorted thanks guys for all your help and info after cleaning injectors with brake cleaner .
but i happen to notice an o ring out of pump when i was cleaning up and seen it today and after looking thrue manual i figured out whear it was for number 27 on that link lol the small thing that make such a big thing run ,,
i am so happy now and as soon at i finished reasembling the bike guess what happend it started to rain ???
lol so next job is oil filter head stearing bearing and stearing damper rebuild
thanks again guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wahoo she sorted thanks guys for all your help and info after cleaning injectors with brake cleaner .
but i happen to notice an o ring out of pump when i was cleaning up and seen it today and after looking thrue manual i figured out whear it was for number 27 on that link lol the small thing that make such a big thing run ,,
i am so happy now and as soon at i finished reasembling the bike guess what happend it started to rain ???
lol so next job is oil filter head stearing bearing and stearing damper rebuild
thanks again guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to hear she's running again! Something to think about, if cleaning those injectors with carb cleaner helped its almost a definate that they need cleaned and calibrated. Doing this will be the difference between a running bike and great running smooth bike.

Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

ahh buggor i need to get a new fule filter after 10 miles and one hie sped run she starting to spluttor again :( so will leave her till i get filter and clean tank
whear can i send injectors to and at what cost ?? and how long will it take as i live in ireland

ahh buggor i need to get a new fule filter after 10 miles and one hie sped run she starting to spluttor again :( so will leave her till i get filter and clean tank
whear can i send injectors to and at what cost ?? and how long will it take as i live in ireland

1999 and 2000 Busas are prone to this because of the fuel pump design. What you see as rust in the filters is actually part of the fuel pump impeller that rubs inside the fuel pump housing. As long as you use a 99 or 2000 Fuel pump you will continue that have the clogging problem over a period of time. I would suggest going to an aftermarket fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Once this is done you can install 2 fuel filters (one before the pump and one after the pump) this is eliminate the problem. Then pull the screens from the injectors.
RC Engineering does a great job of cleaning and balancing injectors.

RC Fuel Injection

MPS Racing can clean them but not balance them

cost is about $100 to clean them

Back