lost and stuck on the lift

ada75228

Registered
My 2000 busa was stolen and got 75% of it back but the theft was trying to mod it when caught. The issue I’m having is after taking off his mods, I wanted to update the harness and fi system to the 2001 in tank fuel pump, but can’t get it to do more than backfire, and I can’t find much info on what I’m missing? Think it might be a timing adjustment but just don’t know. Hoping I don’t have to go back to stock harness and fi system. What am I missing or am I stuck with oem harness, tank/fi system?

not sure what he was trying to do, but it burnt my harness, have the 2002-2007 ecm, checked spark, fuel, tested injectors, also pair air was blocked off, would this ever be a timing issue? bout the get a gasket kit and do a full engine teardown/rebuild but would like to at least have some real clue b4 i do.

Can you do a self diagnosed code???does the F1 light stays on??...are the coils plugged in the right order???...you don't need to tear down the whole engine or get a gasket...just pull the valve cover and timming cover on the starter clutch and check the cams for proper installation, that or your cam pin sensor is bad...could be a lot of things

Back