04 busa problems

hollywood8

Registered
My buddy bought a used 04. The guy he got it from had a wet kit on it. My boy doesn't know anything about bikes. So I rode it to see how it ran. First off the cam chain is super loud sounds like the chain is way to tight or flinging around. Second is after I took off it spotters from idle up to 3500 rpms. Then it finally takes off. And third I rode it up to 10000 rpms through the gears and when I got back the clutch and stator covers were dripping oil. Any idea what is wrong. I've replaced the gaskets. Already checked the plugs. It has a commander, a wide band commander that isn't even hooked up, wet nitrous kit, shnitz window switch , glpro tre gear indicator, clutch mod and a few
Other things I'm forgetting so he did have it all set up. I don't know what else to check without pulling the motor to look. I think that guy stayed to much and did something to the motor. My buddy doesn't know any better and bought it so now I'm trying to fix it for him.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you and your buddy are in the same boat...neither of you of know enough about bikes to be working on them. I can already tell that if you start wrenching on it that it will probably be in worse shape than it is now.

First off i would check the chain, if its to tight or has a lot of play in it..put your finger on top of the chain and push down..to see how much slack u have...should be a spec in the owners manual..i would also check the sprockets for wear..and the chain..make sure the chain is straight with the sprocket....tire has to be centered not off any...check the adjustment on each side of the chain tensioner,to make sure there the same..best way would be to jack the bike up and spin the tire..to see where the noise is coming from..as for your running i could be many things...as for the leaky clutch,what kind of gaskets did u use? Does the case have wear on it? It might also have a hair line crack thats hard to see ...

It has a commander, a wide band commander that isn't even hooked up, wet nitrous kit, shnitz window switch , glpro tre gear indicator,

I would take all of this stuff off and start from scratch, clean the air filter, new plugs, synch the throttle bodies and see how she runs from there. If good start adding some of this stuff back in if so desired one at a time.

Back