busa is bad

Velloz

Registered
:banghead: I have a 2002 busa, since last year i am haviing all kinds of problems
, i toke it to the dealer in NY, they said is running with only two cilinders, i am going crazy,cause they wanna a lot money to fix it.
Any help ll be great as allways,
Thans/

man that could be all kinds of things. is there spark going to all the plugs? if so maybe injectors are clogged. i use wynns supercharge to clean my injectors and it works very very well and is a lot cheaper than taking them out and sending them to get cleaned.

I did have the injectors cleaned by someone....not long ago....but i haven t change de sparks plugs in 2 years.
Thanks for the help.

That can't be good if true. Maybe it's time for a second opinion. Don't tell them about the other opinion.

They said they don t know how much it ll be, about a thouzend us$,i wanna pick up the bike, and i ll first thing tomorrow, it ll cost me 100 doll for the chek up.
Thab ks guys.

I think the manual you can download has some simple tests you can do to check the main things. Reading and research can be a good starting point.

Wish I could help more, but without having more info. There is no way of telling.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would think 100$ would buy a little more information than it's just running on 2 cylinders.

first things i would check is fuel and spark, spark is easy you can get a spark tester from any auto parts store there easy to use and cheep, or you can just use a spark plug, put the coil on the tester or plug, turn the bike over and watch for spark, make sure the other coils are disconnected don’t want an accidental startup, repeat for each coil, if your not getting spark on a couple of the coils you can use a volt / Ohm meter to test power to the coil and resistance thru the coil, the service manual should have the specs in it for this, as for fuel you can also test the injector leads and resistance in the injector with a meter, another way to check for fuel, you can run the bike for a bit pull the plugs if your not getting spark on a cylinder there should be a strong gas smell on that plug and it might be wet from the un-ignited fuel.

I just put new soarks plugs,much better now another thing gas pump isn t wirking i ll change it today.
Thank you all i allways get help here.
grea people.:bowdown:

Ok, after bring the busa home, i found out the the gas pump is bad, replaced and bike is back to normal.
I am very happy!
Than kyou guys.
velloz.
:beerchug:

:beerchug:
congrats on getting it working without shelling out your bank account to the stealership to fix it for ya...

Back