Hayabusa fan motor????

Freechance

Registered
I have a gen1 busa, the fan is hitting the shroud After i just put on a muzzy fan blade...i took the old fan off and it looked like it was hitting the shroud ...so i installed the muzzy fan and checked to see if it hit anything all clear,so i installed it on the bike..i ran the bike with the fan on with no problems. I ran the fan for a while still no problems..so today as soon as i turn the fan on its hitting the shroud...there nothing that could have bent the fan or moved the shroud..do u think its the fan motor???? I know the fan didnt come lose because i used lock tite on it..

Not sure of the clearance between the shroud and the fan blades, but you could check for play. If the motor bearings are worn you could get enough play to cause the problem. :dunno:

I imagine it's something much simpler.

Well when i checked it the fan was clearing and running fine..now its hitting again on the shroud..only thing i can think of is the bearings are bad and causing the fan blade to be off center..

Well when i checked it the fan was clearing and running fine..now its hitting again on the shroud..only thing i can think of is the bearings are bad and causing the fan blade to be off center..

That's what i was thinking, but I'd check my installation and make sure that everything was good to go before paying for a motor I didn't need.

it goes between the blade and the motor to protect the fan motor/ and help with spacing.., that may be why it's hitting.

See the little green dots? That is what the disk looks like when installed. (On the other side of the fan)

Busa swallowed ice cubes 016.jpg

Busa swallowed ice cubes 016.jpg

Well ill have time to check it monday,to see if i installed it, i priced a fan motor they want 441.00 without shipping or tax...that price does not sound right ....where can i buy one if i need it? Or can i rebuild it?

Back