broken motor mount

paul-g

Registered
well i bought bike used over winter, changed dog bones out so i can drag race never noticed anything but never looked either. lowered bike on friday, drag raced all saturday (9.66 @147mph by the way :cheerleader:) on sunday i went to bring bike back to stock height and notice rear lower motor mount hanging out some.....looked on other end and it sheared off the head. has anyone run into this before? very odd if you ask me.

first pic right aide second shifter side

right side.jpg

left side.jpg

I have had that happen to me twice replaced with OE parts, eventually replaced with a stronger bolt and nut and it has stopped, but not sure what the problem is. Mine broke off both times at the threads. Possible that they had a bad batch of bolts or maybe alignment of the engine is out.

do you know the part number? or what size and length of bolt you bought? dealer wants $21 and i have to go down to double check before they order it and it will take 3-4 days to get. i have to figure someone has to have same bolt and it's prolly a grade 5 or grade 8 bolt right?

My 08 did the same thing. I just noticed it one day like yours. I know its wrong but I just bought a piece of allthread and two washers and nuts and its been on there for a year now with no problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

nothing came up just went to their front page, what's the part number you were looking at. i looked thru a few of the pages with no luck

I have any bolt you need for a busa let me know if local dealer can't help.. can you take a better pic also

dealer can get one it's they have to order it. i grabbed the nut and found out it's a m12 x 1.25 thread and the service manual says that it's 9.75" long so going to a fastener place here today and find out if they have one. if not i'll take any grade 8 12m x 9.75 as long as it has locking nut who cares really

Back