2006 busa trans jumping???

hey fellas,

I have a 2006 busa with 7800 miles on it

the bike has a pc3 power commander fully muzzy exhuast and is lowered..

the problem I am feeling is.....

when I really hammer on it in FIRST only, I get a slip, jump, bang, out of the bike..

((feels like an old dirt bike jumping a tooth ))

the previous owner had the tranny back cu and 2nd is perfect.. it only does it in 1st under hard acceleration ( which is a lot )

I have searched the forum for quite some time but I see a lot different answers.. just wondering if someone has seen or felt this exact problem and what was your remidy

thanks jessie

IMG_0001.jpg

I have a 2006 with 8k miles on it and same thing...I pulled the engine tonight and now trying to get the transmission out the bottom....I am stuck have you seen any good instructions for removal via the bottom? The service manual talks only about tearing from top to bottom.

First off make sure that the chain and sprockets are good, they should be, and then make sure that the chain is adjusted properly, after that if the bikes still doing the skip the tooth deal, you're looking at getting a new first gear brother, dog ears or whatever they call them must be gone.

Strange for 1st gear to be jumping, it usually 2nd. Take dadofthrees advice, check chain and sprickets and make sure they are in good condition,
Does it jump out completely or does it feel like its slipping then engaging then slipping?

My guess is the gears, maybe they only backcut 2nd and not the rest. Best check the easy stuff first, if all seems ok, then most likely the gears.

My first and second was slipping but it had almost 40k on it when that happened and only after spending a season at the drag strip. So it seems odd that it would do that with so few miles on it. Anything is possible though.

Welcome to the oRg. Is this your bike, same picture? 2006 hayabusa BAD BOY

Like as suggested, check the chain, sprockets, and cush drive. After that, time to pull the tranny and do as Daniel suggested. Since you are in Tulsa, take it over to Brady at Metric.

thanks for the help guys,

yes that is my bike as listed..

I need to pull that ad since the trans just started doing this.. I will relist it once I get it fixed..

I will either have tombo or donnie at kenetic playground rebuild the engine and trans..

going big on the rebuild..

again thanks for the help

jessie

thanks for the help guys,

yes that is my bike as listed..

I need to pull that ad since the trans just started doing this.. I will relist it once I get it fixed..

I will either have tombo or donnie at kenetic playground rebuild the engine and trans..

going big on the rebuild..

again thanks for the help

jessie

Hope you get her sorted it out bro. Never dealt with Kinetic but I have never heard anything bad about them either. :beerchug:

yes its an 09 tail, sub-frame, and pass pegs.. its nice lookin I think. and you dont have to put goofy tail lights on it and people can still see me turning.. win win

IMG_0002.jpg

yes you have to use the gen two seat.. the rear contour of the main seat are completely different..

you have to use the subframe, pass pegs, front seat, and a little bit of splicing and BAM-O you got a better looking ride

yes you have to use the gen two seat.. the rear contour of the main seat are completely different..

you have to use the subframe, pass pegs, front seat, and a little bit of splicing and BAM-O you got a better looking ride

The only thing I don't like on the Gen 2 is the tail section :laugh:

Back