shift pattern got reversed. WTF?

Busadan1

Registered
Hay guys I got a wierd one that really had me zombied last night. After putting my all the extras back on because heard a noise in spindle a thought it was counter shaft. It appears that only the spindle was loose and sound was clicking. Anyway after having lot of trouble bleeding clutch, when i finnally got it to shifting the gears seem to be reversed. is that crazy!!!:banghead: the neutral light comes on in 5th gear next up in 6th. Which is really 1st. You may need to read that part again, it is just that crazy. Any help PLEASE!! It has been soooo long.:please:

Putting all your extras back on, as is removing/replacing rearsets/ factory shift linkage?

Thanks for responce. I didnt even touch shifter or gears. Only thing I can thint of is when i tightened the spindle the wheel was up and in gear. The engine was turning slightly. Oh I did take the lever off.

You have to flip the transmission over.

Just kidding bro, if you took your shift lever off, take it back off and flip the shifter back over. A lot of guys do this on purpose so they can shift up by pressing down, (GP shift). You just turned the actuator over that connects the shift rod to the shift shaft.

Thanks alot guys... And also thanks for not beeing to hard on me. I did think of that when it first happend, thought I flipped it, it was late, and didnt check that the rod had not changed rotation. And kept on trying other things. Kind of like when you loose somthing and you miss seeing it the first place you look, it takes a long time to get there again...:beerchug:

Posted via Mobile Device

You reversed the bell crank on the shift linkage.
Just flip it back over for standard shifting...i use
GP shifting on all my bikes..much better once
you get use to it.

I have thought about trying that several times but I dont ride much and im worried it would slip my mind and down shift instead of up shift at the wrong time.

Back