05 under the tank what are these and why are there no lines hooked up?

Smewhtguy

Registered
Small tank and some kind of sensor looks like there should be vac lines hooked up. Also why would someone put 3 butt conectors on one wire?
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8xMDA.jpg

Is it a California bike? I don't recall seeing that expansion tank on my 05.

bike has ran real good since I got it just before x mas but has had a miss for a couple days. I am going to put new plugs in and seen this. I have always been a gsxr 1k rider and this is my first busa, I think it probally had a power commander on it due to that wire that was cut. It came with a rear wheel dyno sheet saying it made 187hp last year. now it sounds like a subaru until you get past 4k rpm's. Maybe just bad gas it did sit for a couple weeks.

Hmm, PC shouldn't have required cut wires. Mine simply pluged into the factor connector and then into the ECU. You may need to have your throttle bodies synchronized. That microfiche shows a tube connecting the chamber to a valve assembly so there probably is a vacuum issue there.

Gonna put those hoses back on and when I get my gas tank and plastic back from the painter we'll see what happens. Thanks for the help.

You might pm MC Mustang, he is located in Jacksonville, NC I think and may be able to help you if you wanted to make the trip. Earlybird is loacted in VA and may be able to help you as well.

Thanks once i get it back together this week, I will see if it still does it. I am still trying to figure out what a 3 way valve does.

It MAY have been part of the pair valve removal. Are there small tubes running up to the under side of your exhaust ports? The wire may have been hooked up the the pump. I'm not clear on this mod as I have only blocked off the hose in the past.

It has a full muzzy that I just put a m10 conversion on and it looks like the pair valve is removed they welded the holes shut above the header.

Black canister is a vacuum canister to hold a little extra vacuum when needed.
And the sensor is a atmospheric pressure sensor.
Both are normally removed when installed on a turbo bike and I even ran my bike without for a while after taking off turbo.
As long as the vacuum lines that would normally go to them are sealed then it should not affect performance.

Looks like the PAIR valve removal mod has been done. The valve and canister may have been connected to it.

Back