Front calipers not working equally

880jedi

Registered
With 75K on the Busa, every time I change pads and/or rotors, the right set of pads is worn more than the left. Any suggestions? I've swapped the lines, and also swapped the pads and rotors from left to right, but to no avail. It doesn't hinder the stopping performance, but is there a fix?

Mine seem to drag on the rotors a bit too much I changed the fluid it was a bit better, but still alot of drag. Where can you get a caliper rebuild kit? Anyone else have this issue?

when you guys say rebuild the calipers what does that intail? are you replacing any parts or just cleaning/lubing ?

Have a look on ebay for seal kits. I split mine and pulled out the pistons, which was a complete pain, and needed to replace all of my outer dust seals due to the amount of gunge in the recess. I bought all new seals for front and rear from ebay, got them from a company in Cardiff, Wales, all in for £50. Leaving an elastic band compressing the brake lever over night then a quick bleed in the morning works a treat for getting all the air out of the calipers.

Have you got braided lines?

I dont have braided lines yet do you think that could be the issue? I keep my dust seals etc pretty clean.

Back