Dead 00 Busa FI light flashing and wont start

jqram35

Registered
Was riding bike surged a couple times lost power and died, then wouldn't fire. Just bought it with 6k miles on her, it sat around allot. little rust at top of tank. flushed fuel tank twice before I rode it. Now she is dead...Check with my dealer and the recall on the fuel pump was completed on 02. Seems like a fuel issue, rust get to the injectors maybe?

Rust possibly clogging fuel filter/screen. Need to remove pump and clean filter/screen.

First you need to pull the code from it to see exactly what problem is occurring.

Under seat next to battery is this white plug.
91063e16.jpg

Pic with cap off white plug
7d8e0ccb.jpg

There was a very detailed thread a few weeks back from one who had similar problem.
He detailed the dissasembly and cleaning as well as showed pics of the rust/sludge that he found. Can't remember who or where it was though?

fuel pump relay.

Could be clogged injectors or wiring to fuel pump

merely a blown fuse, however I suspect the filters need attention so I ordered some $105 for both ugh...

R/R filters and spark plugs while I was in there. Filters did not look too bad so I am still not too sure why the 10 amp fuse blew, guess I will ride it and see if it happens again. Thanks for the filter write up link, went smooth as silk...:thumbsup:

Well the saga continues. Fuse keeps blowing. New fuel pump is next in line. 11 years old and sat around allot I'm sure it is the problem. Dealer say almost $625 for that rascal(good customer price). I'm sure there are probably other options out there but I ride my bikes allot and not too keen on an aftermarket pump. Any thought from the gang here would be appreciated.

ok 625 was for the whole assy housing and all. the pump itself it about $300...a bit better. Probably will order it.

Back