sometimes code 41, sometimes not...

teddypenn

Registered
my busa threw the fi lightthen shut down on the highway, pulled over to the shoulder and sat a minute. after a few minutes i tried it, and she started right up. i made it about 1/2 mile, and the same thing happened again. this time she wouldnt fire up for me. had to tow her to my house. i checked the code, and it was a c41. i sit there and drink a couple beers, tryin to figure out what to do, then turn over the key; starts right up. im baffled. i dont wanna take her out, then break down again. what should i do/check?:please:

Have you check the Clymer Manual or online mechanic's manual to see if it has possible solutions. Sometimes they have a section dedicated to cause and effects.

I'd start there, then if nothing, maybe try to google / search on hayuabusa.org if anyone else has had this problem in the past and see if there's a solution to follow.

c41 is fuel pump relay.the code list is on here under maitinence/do-it -yourself

c41 is fuel pump relay.the code list is on here under maitinence/do-it -yourself

yeah, i searched before i posted. the code is for the fuel pump relay, fuel pump, or fuel pump control system. im just not sure where to check first. the relay makes sense tho; that would explain why sometimes its good, sometimes bad. where is the relay, and how should i go about checkin it out

My busa threw a code last year, intermittant just like yours but for the ignition switch ... turned out it was just a little corrosion on an electrical plug.

Check that before going to dealer for repairs or parts.

Back