operating temp little help

white lightnin

Registered
Hello busa org im new to the site and i have a question,but ill tell u what i have first. I have a 2006 busa with a single yosh exhaust. The question is that my bike wont level idle at first start until the temp gets half way then it runs like a sewing machine. Wondering is that normal. Just changed the plugs,oil and coolant and havent had time to see if it still is doing the same thing.

Level idle? They don't like to be cold, hence the fast idle lever. Busa's have a bit of a unique idle, as if they had a hotter cam in em.
Droid via Tapatalk

Make sure the idle is set around 1250 rpm, sounds like it may be set a tad too low.

It sounds funky at times but smooths out when you give it a bit of gas...it shouldn't hesitate.

Not knowing if you bike has it...but you can buy a cable that replaces the adjustment knob that is on the throttle bodies. It comes out by the frame and the clutch basket cover. It keeps from lifting the tank up when you want to tweak it. If your in a state that weather varies it may be a nice thing to have.

It was around $40 from the dealer...it should come standard...it may have even been standard years prior and removed to cut costs because the mount hole is is in the frame for it.

Thank u very much i live in sc and the weather varies a little, but ill install that tomorrow, and i hope it helps me level off sooner.:thumbsup:

Sorry but the bike doesnt have a adjustment knob. Sorry for me i meant. Thanks anyway though.

The knob makes it very convenient, but I've never had to mess with the idle that much and a long thin straight blade does the job easily and quickly. The screw is on the brake side just under the tank. You go in from the seat between the frame and tank. Very easy.

I used to warm the bike up on fast idle all the time but was told that i was letting idle to long after i showed someone the sutty plugs. But thanks for the info

Back