Clutch quit working...

VettEtr

Registered
First off, hello, first official post, this sight has helped me with my winter project and have all kinds of stuff.... however, haven't been able to figure this one out. Put new front and rear sprockets and chain over the winter along with other mods. The only problem i've encountered is the clutch has lost its functionality. All I did was pull the front sprocket cover off and reinstalled it and didn't break the line seal. The clutch will not disengage and I really don't want to bleed the system since I never opened. I'll do whatever needs to be done but it shouldn't need to be bled. Also the clutch was working perfectly the day I tore it down... any suggestions? The shaft is in the slave cylinder cup also.
Posted via Mobile Device

check the clutch master cylider to confirm there's fluid in the system. Sure sounds like you need fluid and a bleed. It's not big deal to bleed the system...

Also make sure u have the clutch rod in the dimple on the piston of the slave I have put my cover on before and the rod was not in and it did the same thing yours is doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back