Running rich

ghettocowboy

Registered
Ok guys I think imma mess with my bike one more time before I take it to the shop. I can get it to crank but it backfires out the pipes and wont idle, also just floods out if I get throttle over about half.
I've cleaned gas tank and replaced spark plugs. It has stock ecu and slipons. I've looked at the vacuum hoses and I think they are all right but im not sure. Also only code is gas gauge which doesn't work.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Ghetto

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HAPPENED TO ME LAST YEAR. MAKE SURE UR VACUUM LINE TO UR MAP SENSOR AREN'T SWITCHED WITH THE BAROMETRIC ONE. MY ISSUE WAS A BAD MAP SENSOR. GOOD LUCK...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ill try and check that when I get home. How much was it? I just called my local shop and they wanted 240$ for one ><

Well just got home and I can't even get it to crank. Backfires a few times but that's it

ma bad!!!! I bought mine off ebay too. it was 49 bucks. the shop tried to charge me 300. put it on my self. easy!!!!!

I did check the lines today and they are correct. Still not cranking, I think imma have to take it on to the shop monday. Starting to regret my trade so I gotta get it running so I can enjoy it lol

Shop finally got in touch today. 1500 to get it running, not including new chain.

What????? no way dude....go ask what's wrong pay for the diagnostic and fix it yourself...that's retarded....

marble mod work for back firing if you use a after market exhaust do a search at the top of the screen marble mod take a look

They say needs fuel pump, spark plugs, and air fuel sensor....that's Wat 400 in parts?

so far ive replaced fuel pump, map sensor, inlet air sensor,and spark plugs....
fired it up and does the exact same thing it did to start with. back fires and drowns out if i give it alot of throttle. also the tach goes haywire the whole time. no codes.
i can post a vid if anyone thinks itll help.
any ideas?

post a vid that will help alot and record when u roll on the throttle slowly and if it smokes at all, also see if it throws any fluid out the exhaust?
also on the fuel pump as long as u hear it prime when u turn the key and hit the run switch it should be good but since u already replaced the fuel pump make sure u can hear it prime.

I live in texarkana arkansas. Yes I hear the fuel pump prime, I even tested the old one but sho said I needed one so I bought one ><
Ill get a vid tomorrow its cold and raining atm lol.
No fluilds out pipes but lots of smoke

Black...not dark dark black tho. Ill have a vid uploaded today when I get off work.
Thanks guys

Back