tire mileage

mattjul

Registered
Just trying to get an idea on how long the stock tires lasted. I have a 2004 limited with 1600 miles. also any suggestions on replacement tires.

a friend of mine with an 04' LTD got 9600+ miles out of his back tire, bridgestone bt56, i have the same tire on my '04 and at 3800 miles, it still looks great. i am figuring on getting at least 8000 out of mine, but then i don't burn it coming off intersections.

I can't comment on stock tire mileage because I picked up a screw and replaced both the front and rear tires at 600 miles with Dunlop 208's. I barley got 3,000 miles on the last rear tire. Had to limp home from a day trip when I noticed thread showing through. I replaced both the front and rear at that time because I'm stupid and have too much money. I'm watching the current rear tire carefully, and I'm going to order a new set on the web well before it wears out.

I'd love to order the Metzler Sportec M-1p for the busa, but there was a serious recall on the front tire a while back, the only sportbike tire recall I've ever heard of, and a serious one, where the front tire blows. Imagine that at 160 mph.

Back