Bike not running smooth till 3000rpm

1999hayabusa

Registered
Hi Guys,
I have recently rebuilt my 99 busa. I dont know the earlier bike history, the guy just told me that he has put new rings in it. Bike was having 16k Kms on the clock when i bought it and was not in the running condition due to wiring issues. I have restored it with all original parts i.e. new wiring harness, new fuel filters, k&n air filter, new oil & filter, new sensors, new clutch & brake oil etc etc. When i started the bike first time, there were some vaccume line & wiring harness issues which were soon solved with the help of you guys :)
Now the bike is running pretty smooth on the higher rpm but till 3000rpm, the bike is not at all smooth. I feel like i am riding a Royal Enfield (the sound is also very similar). I have checked everything which i could do myself :(
I feel that the all the four cylinders are not inlined properly (i get that feeling), i have also synchronized the bike with carb pro but she is no better.
Can someone please spread some light on this issue, i will really appreciate your help guys as i am really fedup with the bike.

There is also some white smoke on starting which i suppose is because of the valve seals and i am going to replace the seals very soon.

Kindly help me on the first issue. Thanx in advance guys.

what exhausts do you have , if stock did it have slip ons before you got it ,
does it have a pc fitted , it may just need setting up , my 99 ran like a turd with slip ons till i had it dynoed

It has got RS3 Yoshimura exhausts and i got a pc2 with the bike but its not working. I am unable to change the setting to rich, i think its faulty. The bike misfires with pc2 fitted.
What settings does the bike need ?

well tre is a big debate here , i had a yosh box set up on mine , but still use a tre to smooth it out down low , works for me ,

sounds like you need to sort your pc out & get it set up proper , from what u say im sure that will sort it :thumbsup:

Back