Bike cut off on the interstate....

rmodel65

Registered
if its not one thing its another :banghead:

first my boss knocks her over and on the way to get the estimate im heading back from jacksonville and cruising about 90 mph or so turning a little over 4500rpms all of a sudden the tach dropped to zero and stayed that way for a few seconds then the word check flashed across the dashboard....it did it about 5 times on the way home

any thoughts?

thats what im wondering since she knocked it over this is the first day it hasnt rained in a while since she did it

tip over sensor .....behind the right side of the gas tank. A small black unit in a bracket.

Kickstand sensor?

Did it hurt you right controls on the handle bars?

i dont believe it hurt the switches it damaged the end cap on the right hand bar though

The shock of falling over could have broken the tip over sensor. Unscrew the top bolts holding your tank to the frame and lift if up. The tip over sensor is attached at the base of the tank on a brass colored bracket. Mine broke just from the shock of coming down hard from a wheelie.

sounds like it to me.. i had a 93 cbr1000f that had been tipped over but the line to the charcoal can it had.. was cut as it was plugged up. then the prev owner for some reason plugged the hose onto end of a bolt.. vapor locking every 1/2 mile less i rode with cap off til i found out why.. ???

Back