Headers!!

Hiyabusa

Registered
Hi to All
Can the Gurus on site please tell me if the Headers of a Gen II will fit a Gen I K6??
Cheers guys
Thanks in advance & good to see the site is still good to go.

No, the oil pans are different. Not to say it can't be done, but it won't just bolt on and line up correctly everywhere. Depending on what mufflers and midpipes you have also matters. Some of them won't just bolt on, the combinations vary.
The stock gen2 header also has a catlytic converter and O2 sensor bung in it. The convertor can be gutted and the bung welded up.
If you have a trashed gen1 header on a gen1 Busa, a good gen2 header, welding skills, and don't want to spend any money, then it's a good idea. Otherwise I'de keep what you have or buy something new.

And is there anyway you could pm me a large picture copy of the badge you have as your avatar? :rofl::rofl::rofl: ...and I'm serious!:laugh:

Thanks for the Info guys.
What I'm attempting to do is fit these bad boy's of a GenII on to my GenI K6..! but what I have come up against is the realy tight fit that is more brute force to get on to my original headers, so that brings me back to changing to GenII headers........but a pal of mine has offered to heat the Titanium pipes up and have a go at sweating the pipes on!!
If all goes well i will post up.
Cheers
Andrew

!CC4!66!EGk~$(KGrHqN,!jcE0C6ZqCdOBNMt7qB,ew~~_12.jpg

Thanks for the Info guys.
What I'm attempting to do is fit these bad boy's of a GenII on to my GenI K6..! but what I have come up against is the realy tight fit that is more brute force to get on to my original headers, so that brings me back to changing to GenII headers........but a pal of mine has offered to heat the Titanium pipes up and have a go at sweating the pipes on!!
If all goes well i will post up.
Cheers
Andrew

Back