Problem with 2000 turbo hayabusa !!!!

showknows

Registered
im looking for some educated help, my 2000 turbo hayabusa starts and idles great, however every time my rpms reach 3800 rpm's my fuel pressure drops 10 psi, then the bike will push until 6000rpm and stay there . it sounds similar to a rev limiter , i have checked the stator, rectifier,battery,all fuses and ecu. i also have had the injectors,fuel pump,fuel pump relay,fuel hoses,power commander,regulator,spark plugs checked and all of the above are fine. something happened while being on the bike on the highway, the bike stayed running but lost boost and rpm, my next and only step may be to change the harness out, maybe theres a faulty wire ?? i even ran the bike in the dark and there was no sign of spark or shorts anywhere ?? any help would be greatly apperciated as im at least 900 miles away from any shop that could begin to help!:bowdown:

im looking for some educated help, my 2000 turbo hayabusa starts and idles great, however every time my rpms reach 3800 rpm's my fuel pressure drops 10 psi, then the bike will push until 6000rpm and stay there . it sounds similar to a rev limiter , i have checked the stator, rectifier,battery,all fuses and ecu. i also have had the injectors,fuel pump,fuel pump relay,fuel hoses,power commander,regulator,spark plugs checked and all of the above are fine. something happened while being on the bike on the highway, the bike stayed running but lost boost and rpm, my next and only step may be to change the harness out, maybe theres a faulty wire ?? i even ran the bike in the dark and there was no sign of spark or shorts anywhere ?? any help would be greatly apperciated as im at least 900 miles away from any shop that could begin to help!:bowdown:

Whose turbo kit? Stage One or Two? Are you running an FMU?:whistle:

ghetto stage 1 , fmu is a begi and its the second one, and the shim is nice and flat ,and no diaprahm issue

How is the signal hose to the FMU set up? Where does it originate from? Where is the check valve for the FMU - before, or after the FMU?

How is the signal hose to the FMU set up? Where does it originate from? Where is the check valve for the FMU - before, or after the FMU?
both good suggestions , but the bike did run great for about a month before this situation happened,and i will have to double check your questions to answer correctly! thanks again!

check to make sure fuel hoses (including the vent line) aren't being pinched. i've heard similar problems due to the tank pinching the vent line, but that was without all of the turbo stuff. still, much easier to check before messing with all the other stuff. or even during, i guess. and i know it's obvious, just mentioning it in case it was overlooked

so it looks like the bike is fine now, what was throwing me off is that the bike sounds like it hits a rev limiter at 6000rpm. the car shop that i took the bike to said its because when the bike is in neutral it builds up to much pressure in the engine and therefore doesnt expell the engine pressure quick enough in neutral,but its not a problem when there's a load on the bike. another problem was the 255 lph walbro fuel pump drawing power off the ecu and charging system causing some major problems, so now im wiring in a relay and hooking the pump up directly to the battery which will prevent some issues.........any thoughts?

Back