Gas Cap assembly?

02BLKnBLU

Registered
I was swapping out my gas cap, changing the lock cylinder, then all of a sudden a bunch of stuff sprung out at me. This is a pic of all of the stuff i found on my table, assuming all of this belongs to the cap. Anyone know how to assemble it? Thanks

-Brandon

busagascap1.jpg

umm.. i have no idea... lol that sucks but who needs locking gas caps its a waste of seconds that u could be already filling up gas and riding out

Well i just bought this OEM one to replace my OEM Chromed one. i put the orange ball with spring where the key flap pivots on the pin. and installed the gold bracket and bolt that puts tension against it. it worked, but i don't know where the other small steel ball or metal piece goes?

pashnit, how much for a Black/Blue cap for my '02? just in case i don't get this figured out.

The little metal clip above the spring in the picture goes in the lid just to the left of the hole at 3 o'clock in the picture. The prongs go face down.

I have taken several of these apart, although looking at it a lot closer I cannot place the other pieces.

ok, so i think i have everything right except the steel ball. would it maybe go on the other side of the spring??? the orange ball goes against the key flap. thanks for the help!

busagascap11.jpg

Back