Help!!!

bisquit61

Registered
Just got my bike back from the shop. It got a 1397 installed so it was completely torn down. I noticed that when I start it up it did not matter if I had the choke on or off, it did not change the engine rpm. I raised the tank and the lever was moving that controls the choke. So I took it for a ride anyway and ran it through the gears hard. When I slowed down the FI indication on the dash was on and the fI indicator was flashing so I took it home. It ran well all the way home. I had to remember which way choke was and I think I may have had it in the wrong position, so I put it in the right position and took it for another hard ride. Worked great until I got into it and then the lights came on again. What the hell??? Trying to diagnose this problem before taking it back 2 1/2 hrs away. Help!!!

My 2 cents: leave it alone so there is no doubt in anyone's mind who touched the bike LAST. Give the shop a phone call. Best of luck.

P.S. was bike trailered to your house? Or did you ride it home?

There is no choke on the busa. It is only a fast idle. It only opens the throttle blades slightly.

The cable may need to be adjusted to work correctly. Regardless it will not set any FI codes.

You'll need to find out what code is tripped.

Back