CHEC on gauge never goes away.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
I thought it was my gauge cluster but when i actually looked at the whole gauges the CHEC never goes away. The bike turns on all the gauges calibrate. The bike primes and starts up just fine but the CHEC never goes away from the screen.... I changed the LEDs out on my gauge cluster but nothing is shorted or broken... Im kinda confused as to why its doing this... No FI light or anything.

Im stumped ???

I thought it was my gauge cluster but when i actually looked at the whole gauges the CHEC never goes away. The bike turns on all the gauges calibrate. The bike primes and starts up just fine but the CHEC never goes away from the screen.... I changed the LEDs out on my gauge cluster but nothing is shorted or broken... Im kinda confused as to why its doing this... No FI light or anything.

Im stumped ???

Is the bike in gear with the kickstand down or your shutoff switch is flipped to the off position maybe. I know those are the obvious reasons but it sometimes gets overlooked.

Maybe go through and check
All of your solders again to make sure they have good connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the bike in gear with the kickstand down or your shutoff switch is flipped to the off position maybe. I know those are the obvious reasons but it sometimes gets overlooked.

Maybe go through and check
All of your solders again to make sure they have good connections.

I start the bike up and it stays on... Its in neutral and running

Im going to open it up and take the motors and gauge faces off just to double check for solder bridges or shorts... I checked it over quite a few times though...

Last edited:
Have you checked to see if it is throwing any codes? That would be the only other thing that I can think of other than problems with the gauges them selves

How do i see the codes? I have to hook one of those devices up to it correct just like a vehicle? I think its the gauges... cause its the only thing thats been messed with...

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

I'm not exactly for sure but I think you can put a jumper wire in the plug that the dealerships use and it will bring the code up on the gauges. I'm not totally 100% positive though

Im stupid. When i put the display glass back on and bent the tabs i guess i didnt bend them tight enough. I took it off opened it up and tightened it problem solved. stupid little error... picture of what im talking about will be coming when i get home

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Cool, glad it was an easy fix.

Back