Jerky busa

Stardust83

Registered
Hi all, i own a 06 busa. Rides well till recently while moving, there's this jerkiness of the bike. It's like the fuel is not going in properly. Last time i've encounter this problem too, but had retrify it as it was the spark plug assy problem.

Any comments ?

if u havent done anything different or did any adjustments to anything i would think maybe fuel injectors may be getting clogged, or a gas issue?
have u done any mods? before the problems started

ive had my bike act different a few miles after i filled up at some gas stations.. but just a lil .02

I have that issue when I am cruising in first oe second gear. Feels like it is bucking a little bit. I was told it was just the factory tune. But, if yours wasn't doing it before and it is now, don't think that would be your issue. Mines a 06 also with no mods except the stock can mod.

I have that issue when I am cruising in first oe second gear. Feels like it is bucking a little bit. I was told it was just the factory tune. But, if yours wasn't doing it before and it is now, don't think that would be your issue. Mines a 06 also with no mods except the stock can mod.

Yah. Dun tink so too. My mech told me could be a synchronizing problem though. I change the plugs assy due to this problem hence the assy are new. Shouldn't be that again. I hope.

could be the weather aswell cause from hot cold, dry humid weather, different weather will have the bike acting different

Yah. Dun tink so too. My mech told me could be a synchronizing problem though. I change the plugs assy due to this problem hence the assy are new. Shouldn't be that again. I hope.

I was going to say throttle sync issue too. Also check the throttle position sensor.

I was going to say throttle sync issue too. Also check the throttle position sensor.

Speaking of TB sync's, about how many miles before I should be looking into getting this done? I am at 5500 as of now. Mine has been jerky since I have owned it and was at 2000 then. Could this be my issue or just the factory tune causing it? Thanks. Sorry for the thread jack.

Speaking of TB sync's, about how many miles before I should be looking into getting this done? I am at 5500 as of now. Mine has been jerky since I have owned it and was at 2000 then. Could this be my issue or just the factory tune causing it? Thanks. Sorry for the thread jack.

I bought my '07 used with 1500ish miles on it. I synched the TBs at around 2k miles, and it's still doing it (though not quite as bad). I just get into third as soon as I can and it smooths right out. I've been curious about it myself.

I did mine at about 6K miles. Will your busa hold a steady RPM at idle? If not, the throttle position adjustment could really help.

Yeah, It has a pretty smooth idle. It's just a little jerky in 1st and 2nd when holding a constant speed. You roll on the throttle it goes away and after your in 3rd you don't feel it.

So far i tink i've retrify the problem. Should be the fuel pump and filter. I will try to ride it and see how. Lolx.

Yeah, It has a pretty smooth idle. It's just a little jerky in 1st and 2nd when holding a constant speed. You roll on the throttle it goes away and after your in 3rd you don't feel it.

Check your Chain adjustment. A loose chain will amplify the jerky-ness. A properly adjusted chain will smooth out some of those not so ideal RPM ranges.

You can tune for low end torque or high end responsiveness, but that total smoothness through out the curve is that Holy Grail of which we all seek!

mine does that when i let my chain get too much slack in it. check the chain.

Back