Welp!...I need to snip a few issues in a butt

HellFire

Registered
All this shiite came to light tonight on the way to the Clearwater bike meet:banghead::-(:sulk:

1) Clutch lever lost some tension...Feels funny and something gears require some effort to change...WTF could be causing it?...Transmission undercut last summer...Shift shafts and shift forks replaced...Can this be solved by replaced the springs with some Barnett springs?

2) Tick is back...Its pretty noticeable too...My Bosch external pump is silenced in comparison

3) Periodically Idle fluctuates by a few hundred RPMs...By boost gauge fluctuates between -5 to -7 or so...it drives me insane

My current motor mods are as follow

JE pistons
Carillo Rods
APE head studs
Cometic head gasket
80mm base spacer
Adjustable cam sprockets
60# Carpenter valve springs
Billet Canadian Mike case saver
Billet Magneto Cover
MPS low profile breather
AN fittings on all fuel lines
Bosch 044 fuel pump
O-Ring mod

Last edited:
I just had my motor rebuilt after a fuel line that failed and caused my piston rings along with its pal, the headgasket, to call in sick too...When i got my motor pieced back together, the infamous tick was quiet as a lamb...now i hear it over my Bosch 044...when the bike is cold or warm

Last edited:
Is the linkage tight on the shift lever...rod ends etc? A bit of slop will make changing gears seem odd

Nice...now its almost impossible to shift out of 1st gear

Sounds like the slave cylinder is bad or perhaps the clutch push rod is bent. Have you broken a drive chain at any time? That happens more often that not when you break a chain.

....and as far as bein driven insane...well....hell we cant be all there upstairs to drive these damn things anyway!!!!:laugh:

I see now you have a Canadian Mike "CASE" cover..do you mean sprocket cover?

If so then disregard the info below.

Sounds like a broken sprocket cover, with the bike shut off and on the side stand or stands place your right hand on the sprocket cover and squeeze the clutch lever in, if the cover moves it is cracked. With a turbo you should have some heavier than stock clutch springs and they will break the cover not allowing the clutch to fully disengage..

In order to keep the cover from breaking either get that cheap little support or do it right and get the RCC Billet cover from either RCC, or Powerhouse...other sponsors here may have them as well.

I just got another one from RCC and they are SWEET!!

PM me if you need further help or send me your number.

John

Last edited:
Back