Oh my god please help

jay05busa

Registered
I recently blew my motor in a 2000 busa so i purchased a motor out of a 07 and slapped it in hooked everything up except all the vacum lines for the airbox we got the motor started and it is running like crapola sounds like its missing do i need to hook up all these vacuum lines to make it idle smooth or is the engine bad? New motor had less than 5k on it when taken out of the bike and shipped to me i do not have a power commander and the stator from the 00 has been put on the new motor also all spark plugs are firing help plz

It will run like crap without everything hooked up. I would hook it all up and then decide what to do. If it is still running like crap after that there could possibly be something wrong with it or something not hooked up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^.very unneeded comment..... In answer to the op yes you need to hook all the air lines up and airbox etc. Are you sure the new motor is stock? meaning no engine mods etc? because if there are mods and you dont know about them it isnt going to run right till you get the commander on it and get it tuned.

^^^^^^^^.very unneeded comment..... In answer to the op yes you need to hook all the air lines up and airbox etc. Are you sure the new motor is stock? meaning no engine mods etc? because if there are mods and you dont know about them it isnt going to run right till you get the commander on it and get it tuned.

Yeah what he said

Vacuum lines are there for a reason.
They should be hooked up no matter what motor or vehicle you are using.
I'm curious what electric system your using ?
Are you using a 2000 ecu and wiring harness to try to run a 2007 motor ?
Is an ecu from a 2000 the same as one from a 2007 ?
Are all the lines of code the same ?
Are you sure parts and electronics your putting together are fully compatible ?
What was the source for the 'new to you' 2007 motor ?
And as others have asked , are you sure it's a stock motor ?

no im not sure of any engine mods done and the ecu is a 2000 the motor is an 07 i was told that they are compatible as all the electronic hookups went on without any issue i am going to try getting all the vacuum lines hooked up and see where that leads as i am using the throttle bodies from my 00 engine I dont think it should be a fuel issue unless someone has knowledge of 07 motors using different injectors and the old motor blew while my friend was riding my bike not me it spun a bearing and shot the rod out of the front of the block with about 4 quarts of oil in the engine at the time it blew! This is not my first bike and i know how to take care of my stuff Ive just never done an engine swap before

hey you might wanna check but i think the ecu is different. Also you really need to know if there are other mods to the engine as this will make a huge difference in the advice people will give you here. I am pretty sure the ecu is different. if i remeber right the fuel delivery system is a little different as well. I think all the connectors may be ok but the signals may be different? i am sure someone with a little more experience will hop in here and help ya out. Hope i helped a little.

Good info here .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/103093-32bit-ecu-00-busa.html

Westfield Sportscars XTR2
Before you go shopping for a Hayabusa donor bike or engine, be aware that there are three completely different wiring harnesses out for the Hayabusa - all with incompatible components.
- 1999-2000 16 bit ECU, 8 tooth timing pickup
- 2001 different 16 bit ECU, same 8 tooth timing pickup
- 2002-2007 32 bit ECU 23-1 timing pickup

There may be some diffs in the ECUs as well as other things that could be affecting it .

hey guys thank you for all the advice but i found the problem the coil/spark plug wires were crossed on cylinders 1 and 2 causing it too run like dodo swaped those wires and wouldnt you know it shes runnin like a raped ape by the way the wires were not labeled just shere luck i guess anyway thanks again you guys f in rock!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, i can't believe you actually got that ECU to work with that motor, i thought for sure you would have to get another ECU and wiring harness..

sweet..is the stator the only thing you need to change if going to the 32?

if your motor is newer than the ecu you will need to change the stator if the ecu is newer than the motor im not too sure

no im not sure of any engine mods done and the ecu is a 2000 the motor is an 07 i was told that they are compatible as all the electronic hookups went on without any issue i am going to try getting all the vacuum lines hooked up and see where that leads as i am using the throttle bodies from my 00 engine I dont think it should be a fuel issue unless someone has knowledge of 07 motors using different injectors and the old motor blew while my friend was riding my bike not me it spun a bearing and shot the rod out of the front of the block with about 4 quarts of oil in the engine at the time it blew! This is not my first bike and i know how to take care of my stuff Ive just never done an engine swap before
Thats your issue im willing to put money on it.
You could either

A: put the same year motor in it

B: Change out your stator, and ECU...But since you already have the new stator, id get an 03 and up ECU, that way you could take full advantage of ECU reflashing, and get rid of your power commander. :thumbsup:

Back