Thermostat valve

what problems are you having??? On a bone stocker I would leave the thermo in unless you get stuck in abudhabi traffic

I am still in a process of restoring my 99 busa. While working on it, i found there was no thermostat in it. I asked my tuner and he told me that its better to ride it without it, somehow i was not convinced. I have got 2 fans on it and have put engine ice in the radiator. Also planing to use a honda fan switch so should i ride it without the thermostat ???

I could see dual fans on a stocker but I'm a bit surprised that you have to do so much more for keeping the cooling system within spec. I've got a big overbore that needed lots of cooling mods but in your case i don't understand why it's neccessary for you.
Maybe you've got some other issues going on??? Time to flush the system and see what kinda crud is in there. Maybe the rad needs replacing. Always make sure the cooling system is thoroughly "burped". Many times this is over looked and trapped air pockets cause the engine to always run hot.

to bring this subject back up, when taking the thermostat out how much longer does it take to warm up?

Back