Not Charging

Howabusa

Registered
I went for a ride Saturday, 11/13. The Busa seemed to be turning over a little slow the 3 or 4 times I started it. Stopped about 10 miles from home to gas up, she wouldn't start, bump started it & made it home. I checked the battery when I got home, 10 volts. Pulled the battery & charged it, took it to Advance Auto to have them test the battery. It tested good, put it back in the bike. She started right up, with the bike running I'm only getting a little over 12 volts. So, stator or rectifer? I know I can check these with my meter, just wonderering if anybody might know which one is probably bad?

Probably ought to check the resistance of the stator. I do not know what it should read, but it should not read O/L. What RPM were you checking the voltage? I think it should read 13.4 to 15 VDC at 5000 RPM. It will read battery voltage at idle.

Probably ought to check the resistance of the stator. I do not know what it should read, but it should not read O/L. What RPM were you checking the voltage? I think it should read 13.4 to 15 VDC at 5000 RPM. It will read battery voltage at idle.

at idle it should read 12+ vdc. but u can unplug the stator and turn ur meter to read ac volt and see whats comeing straight from the stator then move up if the stator appears to be good

Back