Yoshimura Tri Oval Exhausts Problem!

busajan

Registered
Hi all,

I bought a pair of tri-oval Yoshimura slip on cans for my Susuki Hayabusa in June last year. Within a month the right hand exhaust started to leak exhaust gas around the front band. The band holds the sleeve in place. The motorcycle dealership were I purchased the exhausts contacted the distrubutor in the UK who agreed to replace the faulty exhaust. Now, and some 12 months later both exhausts are leaking exhaust gas around both front bands. There is evidence which indicates metals expanding and contracting at different rates - I have attached a link to a photograph which provides evidence of this. The marks to the right of the band holding the sleeve ion place show the movement.

Has anyone experianced this type of fault with a Yoshimura titanium end can or have any ideas or solutions as to why this has happend. Yoshimura has I believe an excellent reputation and I am informed that their exhausts rarely go wrong if at all. Is this a manufacturing fault?

Cheers
JT

Visit My Website"]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx102/janturn/Yoshimura/Yoshimuraslipontrioval.jpg"]Visit My Website[/url][/URL]

Last edited:
maybe a bad set of cans. i have carbon fiber cans on the busa and have no problems, i have stainless can on my gs500, no problems. that is strange , i see how much the band moves and all i can think is it wasn't pulled taught when rivited together.

Yes possibly a bad pair, although the right side was replaced some months ago, but now leaks exhaust gas again! The band is tight and can't be moved by hand, the bands must be moving when the exhausts heat up - expanding on heat up and contracting again when the exhausts cools down, causing the movement and hence the marks? There must have been sufficient movement to 'break the seal' and cause the system to leak exhaust gas around the bands. This is only my theory. I have emailed the suppliers and cc to an email address at Yoshimura company to see if I get anywhere. Not sure if they are still under warranty? Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experiance?

Last edited:
Just to update you all. I have now had a response from Yoshimura Japan who having been provided with the photgraphic evidence have agreed to replace both silences. I would like to say the Yosmimura Japan responded very quickly to my complaint, and wanted to rectify the problem very quickly. This has most certainly restored my faith in them. The distributor here in the UK was also very helpful. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back