Clutch fluid aeration.

1Falcon989

Registered
Anybody ever experience this? I bleed te clutch with my vacuum bleeder and the fluid is foamy. May this be caused by fluid overfull similar to an overfull automatic transmission in a car. I'd like to add also after 20 miles or less the clutch will slip under high load. But if you shut it down and let it sit for 20 mins or so and take it back out it's fine.

Last edited:
you cant really overfill the clutch master. it is a static hydraulic system, as in when you pull in the lever you compress fluid at the master, and send it to the slave cylinder. no driven pumps or the like.

good brake/ clutch fluid should not foam on bleeding, bad connection at the bleeder?

that being said, it is unlikely that the slippage is due to clutch hydraulic failure. if the clutch hydraulics were stuck i suppose that it could cause a slip, but more likely your friction plates are worn.

Oh yeah brand new ebc clutch 2" clutch stack with ebc springs. I had replaced the line with a ss galfer. I've been told sometimes it take quite a bit of bleeding to get all the air out sometimes up to a qaurt. I flushed/bled more fluid through it and so far I've gone 35 miles with no issues so I'm hoping it's fine now.

Back