extra holes on throttle body, should i plug?

george b

Registered
on the middle two throttle bodies i have an extra hole. does it go all the way through? i noticed in the service manual and pictures that came with the parts i'm installing they had plugs.

and if they must be plugged, what's a good part to use? self tapping screws?

this isn't a picture of my bike, just a picture i found showing them plugged. i don't have plugs in them.

throttlebodies.jpg

i can't find any, even @ specialty hardware stores. the other thing on my mind is i'll be running 7lbs boost. they could blow out at some point??

They aren't plugs, they are more like caps that fit over the nipples... any auto parts stores have them... they usually come in a container with a few different sizes... ask for rubber vaccum caps...

They aren't plugs, they are more like caps that fit over the nipples...

ok.. i should of taken a picture. there are no nipples.. just holes. number 1 and 4 have two nipples, number 2 & 3 have 1 nipple being used and one hole next to it. bought the bike used and the guy before had removed pair system and i think he modded the airbox since i don't see a flapper, looks like plastic has been cut and hole made bigger. dunno what he tried to do to the vacuum hoses.

went to acehardware, can't find anything to plug it.

i'm wondering if they go all the way through. too busy to lift plenum right now, but i tried to slip a thin allen into the holes and it goes about 3/4". turned throttle to wot and still only goes 3/4".

Back