OEM Bolts and Wasps

Kaldari

Registered
Simple questions.

Firstly, I'm 99% sure it's the bolt I need. I just want to make sure since the panel is at a weird angle.

Firstly, I just wanted to make sure the bolt at 11 is the one that goes in the middle of the plastic panel right under the meters and right in front of the handlebars.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203814&stc=1&d=1286401147.jpg

Secondly, I don't see the frankenbolt listed on this OEM diagram of the tail. Do you guys know where I can find a replacement? One side I guess rattled out on a recent long ride I took.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203815&stc=1&d=1286401147.jpg

Also, it appears a wasp has made a nest in that frankenbolt hole while it was out. I got most of it out by gently probing and then screwing the bolt in and backing out to wipe and blow away whatever it loosened, but I've gotten to the point where I can't get anymore with the bolt. Do you guys know of a good solvent to loosen it up? I'll probably try some detergent, WD-40, or maybe even some brake cleaner if all esle fails, but maybe you guys know of something better.

Thanks.

panel.jpg

frankbolt.jpg

1st question: Yes that is the bolt. Did you Drop it? If you look closely under the bottom triple tree there is a plastic cover, It might have fallen there. Use a magnet. I always drop that bolt but get it back :poke:

2nd Question: Frankenbolt do you like it or use it? I replaced mine with Smithbusa's bolts. Cleans out the look :thumbsup:

Frankenstein Replacement Bolts

Yeah, I've heard of the replacement bolts. I'm just looking for the frankenbolt replacement for now though.

I'm not really sure what happened to the lower panel bolt. I guess I just misplaced it one of the times I had the bike torn down. I don't believe I dropped it in the bike, but there's no telling honestly.

edit:
Never mind on the frankenbolt. I went looking through the diagrams again and found it on another one. Now I just need to get the wasp thing sorted out if you guys know something that dissolves that crap.

Last edited:
Can try a tube brush and a pick. That with a can of compressed air(like used for cleaning pc's) that has a small tube to get inside hole and blow everything out from inside out,not forcing air in and then out like an air compressor nose. As far as liquids? Stay with something safe for the paint. might not need if use the stuff mentioned above. If you can take the bolt from the other side and screw it in all the way,then wouldn't worry to much with what is left indie the hole. Bolts aren't torqued on very hard and easy to remove.

Examples...

10 Piece Tube Brush Kit

6 Piece Pick Set

10 Oz. Ultra Duster Industrial Strength Compressed Air

Good Luck!

Back