Pirelli Diablo Super Sport put on wrong way!

warezdog

Registered
OK make a long story short, I keep my ride in a parking garage on the 4th level, its pretty dark, I always check my pressure with a big gauge before riding but this last time I checked it out in daylight and to my suprise the ARROW is facing the wrong direction!

My question is, the tire looks good, I've put about 1000-1500 on it since new and mostly 2up at that. Can I get away with having it changed around the right way or should it simply be replaced? I'd hate to shell out another couple hundred bucks but if its the safe thing to do then so be it, I just wont eat for a week or two!

If I have to replace it I've heard less than desireable things about the corsa's any reccomendations?

The shop in question is gone so anyone near the DC area? I'd love to support a board members business again in the future.

Let the flaming begin!

I'm assuming you are referring to the front wheel?

Are you sure the tire is mounted wrong or is the wheel installed the wrong direction. The wheel should have an arrow on one of the spokes. Check to make sure the arrow on the tire and wheel are both going the same direction.

However, it makes no difference, either way take the wheel off and flip it around. The wheel will run in either direction just fine.

If you don't like the idea of flipping the wheel, it's okay to dismount the tire and flip it over on the wheel. You have not damaged the tire by running it the wrong direction.

The ONLY reason your tire has a directional arrow is the directional tread pattern which is designed to shed water when rotating with the directional arrow. If the pavement is dry, the tire does not care which direction it rotates :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, no wonder when I got caught in the raid a couple times it felt iffy!

Going to check the rim now, if I flip the wheel around will it affect the brakes at all? I just had a set of EBC HH and EBC waves installed at the same time and they've bedded in nicely...

Whole wheel is on backwards. So is it ok to just turn it around? Will I have to spend the next 500 miles rebedding the brakes back in?

Thanks in advance!

You could flip your rotors around to the opposite sides...don't think it'll make much difference but the pad seating may stay the same...

Nope, the brakes won't know the difference. Just flip that puppy around the proper direction and go!

Thanks for the info! I will be flipping that sucker this weekend and riding!

Again thanks for the replies and good info, MUCH appreciated!

Back