Does engine sound okay? (audio included)

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
I recently replaced the battery because of fear for stripping the starter clutch (Gen I 01). When I bought it back in March I had no idea of the service bulletin for the pre k3 models. I'm wandering if the clanky starts I get are related to the service bulletin for the starter clutch or the rusty tank I'm currently fixing. Hopefully, I can get the tank cleaned this week then I'm going to install the titanium ring from Case Protector, Starter Kickback, Suzuki Hayabusa. I don't have the money to take it to the "professionals". Besides the past two times I've taken it to them I paid WAYYY too much for simple jobs. Now, my approach is to become educated and do it myself. Any advice??

Attachments

• Engine Start 1.MOV
    5.4 MB · Views: 202
  • Engine Start 2.MOV
    13.1 MB · Views: 142
I listened to the first one and it sounded normal.

I am the second owner of my 01, and have had her since 2002 with no issues.

Do you have a battery tender?

I listened to the first one and it sounded normal.

I am the second owner of my 01, and have had her since 2002 with no issues.

Do you have a battery tender?

No, where'd you recommend getting one? I did replace the battery because of some clanky starts this summer.

I'm not detecting anything unusual from the videos. ???

Hmmm, ok I'll get a battery tender and go from there ???

Don't hear anything wrong with the way it starts. Tender I think is just keep the battery up or charge it if it dies. I don't think you will need one if you ride it every day. I have a great charger at home that does diagnostics on the battery too :thumbsup:

If you think it has a funny sound when starting, just take the starter cover off and look at the whole setup and give it a visual.

Back