exhaust to engine

george b

Registered
service manual doesn't give the details. i need to know whether i should leave these bushings?? in on the engine where the exhaust mounts up. i'm taking off a tiforce titanium exhaust and bolting on rcc turbo header. turbo header doesn't want to go all the way in with these left in, it will if i take them out. but not sure how you prevent exhaust leaks without something besides just header bolted to engine.

quick answer would be mucho appreciated.. looks like bottom bolts are going to be a mother to get on and tight, i really don't want to do it twice.

thx!

IMG_6656---hayabusa-exhaust-bushings.jpg

IMG_6658---hayabusa-exhaust-bushing-closeup.jpg

You DO NOT need to put those back in! The header will not properly seat if those are placed back in. Toss them.

I'd check with the guys at RCC. I believe that they are copper /metal exh gaskets.

yeah i emailed. but its the weekend and i hate to just waste sunday doing nothing. the whole turbo system hangs from where the header mounts, and without it sitting flush (won't sit flush if you leave gaskets in), it just doesn't seem solid to me. but i def don't want exhaust leak right there either.

Back