Starting Issues

bigbanka

Registered
Heres the deal .i own a 1999 hayabua that has 38k miles on it. The bike runs fine but latley the battery will not hold a charge no longer that 5 days. When pressing the ignition switch she takes a few times to turn over. When i do get her started then I make a quick stop to a gas station. I try to turn her back on she will not turn over. The lights come on strong and all the gauges fluctuate , but when i press the ignition switch she just dims out as if she doesnt have enough power in her to turn the engine. I have put her on a battery charger and that works fine after three or four days then it happens agian. I have even tried to do a push start and she still did not want to turn over. Could this be a battery issue or am i experiencing starter problems?:banghead Please advise thanks. :banghead:

battery from what ur explaining ..... i would suggest new battery and then from then on always keep the battery ona a battery tender..

It definitely sounds like your battery. 1999. Stock battery. Never trickle charged. Battery.

Here's your ticket.
YTZ14S1285895583.jpg

On start up, try burping the throttle slightly - 3-4mm.

It definitely sounds like your battery. 1999. Stock battery. Never trickle charged. Battery.

On start up, try burping the throttle slightly - 3-4mm.

on FI bikes never touch the throttle when starting, pull the fast idle down on the left handle bar side

theory is the same but its different.. same as pulling the choke is that same as pulling the throttle it just adds more fuel into the mixture, but its set differently.. the throttle more air and fuel fast idle/choke only adds more fuel to the mixture

The fast idle on the Busa is not a choke. It doesn't change the air/fuel mixture. It just revs it up.

The fast idle on the Busa is not a choke. It doesn't change the air/fuel mixture. It just revs it up.

VFRcanada is correct. It is a fast idle only. Lift the tank an look. The cable connects to the throttle body linkage only. There are no switches or sensors to signal the ECU that it is being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VFRcanada is correct. It is a fast idle only. Lift the tank an look. The cable connects to the throttle body linkage only. There are no switches or sensors to signal the ECU that it is being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how do u think it revs up?

It turns the throttle body linkage. Take a look. Some guys mod it slightly and use it as a cruise control.

Back