Erratic Vibration

r.blakecopeland

Registered
Hey guys,
Need a little help with this one. My 08 busa has always run great. I recently bought a new set of tires and had a place install and balance them. Ever since then about 50 percent of the time on a true HARD acceleration from 50 mph and up, I get a crazy shake in the front. It is so bad that I have to let off the throttle and let it go away and then try again. Could this be an improper balance, or do I need to break in the new front tire, or what? I honestly have no idea on this one. thanks guys.

blake

A few things to check...
TQ on front disks
TQ on calipers
TQ on front axle

if you are able, get your bike on stands (front and rear) and try and move the tire diagonally... might be a bad bearing... also, if I remember right (and I may not) there is only one spacer on the 08's, check and ensure that it is there...

Could be bad bearings, bad balance or a bad tire, but eliminate the no cost stuff first... tires do come bad occassionally - but it is more likely that there is something going on with the whole wheel. Unless the wheel is really, really unbalanced, there shouldn't be a vibration as bad as you are mentioning - but stranger things have happened...

just my .02 - if it is worth that much.

yeah thanks so much. . i'll try those things first and see if that fixes everything or what. . . or well the place that i paid to put it all on will :-D

Make sure everything is tightened properly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Could be a loose wheel, missing spacer, chain out of alignment...I would take it back and have them check it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back