Hayabusa in a street car

marcair

Registered
Am removing the chain drive and installing a Quaife gear-drive. In the pic, can the spacer on the transmission output shaft be removed without opening the case? The other pics show the old chain drive sys. pls help.

trany output shaft.jpg

eng assy.JPG

eng assy2.JPG

Nice setup. That spacer is pressed onto the shaft if I'm not mistaken. Getting it off with the shaft in the case is probably not going to happen. Maybe someone will chime in with a trick.

Am removing the chain drive and installing a Quaife gear-drive. In the pic, can the spacer on the transmission output shaft be removed without opening the case? The other pics show the old chain drive sys. pls help.

Is that a Quaife or Queef drive?

I truly wish I could add something intelligent to this conversation...but I cannot.

I'm posting here because I wanna see the end result! How much will the car weigh done? What is it?

I have a '47 Crosley pickup that I've been thinking a Busa motor might work well in..

Subscribed.

cool stuff. i have a guy local to me that also has a hayabusa powered beat, his is also turboed now... i wonder what he used for drivetrain...ill ask himnext time i see hime.

and to answer your question, that spacer is pressed onto the shaft and you cant remove it without having the shaft in your hands.

I'm no mechanic, but I can't see how that drivetrain wouldn't wear out quickly using universal joints. Or am I not seeing it correctly?

hi guys,

i would also think that the chain driving the trans would be a weak point. but... it looks like a pretty cool concept. there are cv-joints to the axles/ wheels, so that part should be pretty rugged, and we all know and love the busa powerplant!:thumbsup:

the chain drive in the pics is as follows: 15 tooth, 46 link chain, 19 tooth; into a 500 ft lb, limited slip Quaife QBA2 differential. Once the heat issue was elliminated by the addition of a E-system scottoiler (for sale) and blower (can touch the cool chain immediately after a freeway drive), wear is minimal at best. Allthough after pulling a few wheelies, the chain must be replaced.
The original shift knob allows for 6 speed sequential shifting fwd and reverse with the dynojet quick shifter software. Weight of the car: 1400 with 163whp

A QBA11 will replace the chain drive.

Attachments

• dyno 12 MAR 10.doc
    184.5 KB · Views: 497
Back