05 Busa Wont start

ssrhein923

Registered
As you may be able to tell I am not mechanically inclined....05 Busa wont start. Turn the key, get lights, the gadges tack up as usual, when I hit the starter half way the lights go black, then when fully depressed lights come back and it cranks once or twice before giving up to darkness again. Does this sound like a battery? Need to be replaced or can I just charge it?

Thanks again

you say its cranking once or twice, and then nothing? i would think that if the battery was dead then it wouldnt realy try to crank over. im sure someone else will chime in pretty quick. good luck

if u dont have a volt meter i would suggest buying a cheap one from auto zone or something, then check ur voltage.. how long has it been like this and u may need new battery since its drained just about all the way... u shorten the life of a battery each time u drain it down.

sn: when or if ur able to get a volt meter leave the leads of the meter on the battery as u press the starter button to see the actual battery voltage.. the voltage that appears on the meter before u hit the button is know as a surface charge..

If you are the original owner, and never replaced the battery you got good service out of it. i have had one last for 6 years with proper maintenance. Check your voltage, It should be some where between 13.7 and 14. To answer you question, it does sound like the battery, but maintenance and conditions can vary. There are forum members that are much more capable to answer you question, but base on your description your battery is the first thing to check. If the battery is too weak, nothing will work as it should including the fuel pump, and you won't get very far. If you try any kind of jump start from another vehicle, I would suggest that it be battery to battery with out the other vehicle running. I am interested to see what the pros think.

If no voltage meter can be had just buy a new battery from Autozone or Napa.
If it fixes problem than your good to go .
If it doesn't fix the problem than return battery and look elsewhere .
My dollar is on the battery being old and dead .
May get lights and one or two cranks but it still could be dead enough to not turn it over enough to start it .

If you are the original owner, and never replaced the battery you got good service out of it. i have had one last for 6 years with proper maintenance. Check your voltage, It should be some where between 13.7 and 14.
this is the voltage while the bike is running and if the numbers are lower than this while its running then u have a weak charging system..

but the will bike start with atleast 9-10 volts but a good battery is 11.5+ vdc

Back