Fan not kicking on???

AztecKanji

Registered
Hey Guys,

quick question...I just realized a couple of days ago that when I get home from riding the fan isn't kicking on any more. I ride to work everyday that I can which is about a 15-20 mile ride one way. When I get home the fan isn't kicking on to cool her off?? What could this be? I have noticed also that since I changed the oil a couple months ago, and put Mobil 1 race oil in it, my temp gauge rarely makes it to the halfway mark between H and C. Does that mean that it is running that much cooler with the new oil that the fan isn't kicking on? I'm still new to all of this and just figured I'd ask to make sure I don't have an electrical prob or a blown fuse somewhere.

Thanks Guys,

Anthony

It's late an a weekend people are resting :laugh: Be patient

:bump: Not sure about yours but my Gen 1 fan doesn't turn on till a little past the half way. Easy way to test if it's a Gen 1 is let run and idle out in the sun should get hot. Maybe a Gen 2 also let idle till it gets hot see if the temp will get over the 1/2 past

Last edited:
Well, first you need to see if the fan is working, check the fuse first.

Also to test the fan, go to the temp sensor, on the left hand side of the radiator, turn the key on, and jump the pins with a small piece of wire!

like u said in ur first post ur temp is not even getting to the half way point so thats why ur fan is not coming on... its not hot enough

Back