5th - 6th

Scorpionking

Registered
Hi I have a 2010 Busa and done 1600 miles and it has started clunking into 6th from 5th or dropping into 5th after the gear change at slow speeds anyone any ideas????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a common problem. If you do a search you can read more about it, but it's not something that you can fix. Most riders get used to it and just make sure they make a solid upshift between those gears (don't be lazy). Also a good synthetic oil change (I use Amsoil) seems to help. I've noticed mine does it more when it's time to change the oil (kind of a reminder)....

Thanx I also had this with my Gen 1 but had hoped they had sorted it. Oh well no more slow speed riding for me then hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a common problem. If you do a search you can read more about it, but it's not something that you can fix. Most riders get used to it and just make sure they make a solid upshift between those gears (don't be lazy). Also a good synthetic oil change (I use Amsoil) seems to help. I've noticed mine does it more when it's time to change the oil (kind of a reminder)....

Clunking maybe I could understand but dropping out of and into a lower gear you say is common Keith ? I have never heard of this ?

I have a 07 busa with appx. 20000miles it never popped out of gear or went down a gear. it does clunk when going from nuteral to first always has.

Back